It's Time to Stop Wasting Time — Today!
With the world paused, we seem to have more time than ever. So why is it so difficult to be productive and get caught up? Even the most structured, driven people are finding the COVID-19 quarantine draining and stressful. Firm360 has all sorts of tools to help business owners navigate their practice in this odd time, including workflow routing and time tracking, with all of the bells and whistles. In today’s blog, we have listed some advice on how to be business-savvy and successful in any situation, including a world-wide quarantine!
- Believe it or not, structure and time management are still needed, even in the comfort of your home. It's tempting to stay in bed all day: your phone provides an endless supply of social media content, Netflix has unlimited streaming, and the fridge just sits there, begging to be opened. We get it. We're in the same boat.
- However, to sit and do nothing all day leads to an array of new problems, worse than just wasting time. Beyond the success of your business, you need to feel productive and fulfilled. But how do we structure time when there's nowhere to be? Well, let's look at things from a positive perspective — this is an opportunity to set new goals, decide what tasks you want to accomplish, and do it by your means and on your own time. Below are some tips on how to avoid the quarantine slump.
- Sure, you could set an alert on your phone telling yourself to "get up and work!" but when has that ever helped? Firm360 helps you to plan ahead for the day, know what your goals are, and remember to do the important tasks. Flawlessly organized in Firm360's cloud, all of your information is in one place, just waiting to be marked as "done" on your to-do list.
- When you turn on your computer and go to Firm360's dashboard, you are met immediately with reminders of what you need to tackle from the day before, what your goals are for the day, and what you have coming up in the future. No more digging through documents to see what you need to do, avoiding tasks, or staring at the computer, trying to remember what needs to get done.
Manage Your Workflow.
- Manually writing out business plans is old school. Requesting employees to clock in or log hours on a paper timesheet is currently impossible. Not to mention, uploading timesheets after the fact could result in data being conveyed inaccurately, forgotten, or even misplaced.
- Firm360 uses cloud-based time tracking to make sure that you and your employees are staying on schedule. It also makes it easy to make changes to scheduling immediately upon uploading if you realize you made a mistake. No more reprints, apologies, or scheduling conflicts!
Time is Money.
- By using Firm360's time tracking feature, you no longer have to spend hours (after-hours, at that) uploading data. Automated time tracking saves time, and therefore money. Additionally, it helps you avoid those awkward "did you forget to clock in, when did you work" conversations with employees.
- Employees will be happy knowing that their boss is efficient and that they're getting paid for their work, especially when working remotely. Not to mention, you'll be satisfied knowing your employees are well-informed and that you are using your resources to their fullest.
As we said before, we understand how difficult this time is. Automated time tracking significantly reduces mistakes, helps you and your employees stay on track, and makes it easy to plan and set reminders. We hope that these tools will encourage you to get things done.
This way, you can use your time to do the things you love without feeling guilty while simultaneously knowing you’ve done something for the benefit of your business and employees. We encourage you to stay home, stay safe, and stay productive — we’ll work our way through this together.