Implementing a New Workflow Tool That’s Fit for Your Firm
July 29, 2021
Continuous improvement is something that every company should strive for regardless of what industry they’re in. The same goes for accounting firms and tax preparation practices looking for a better way to make their processes more efficient, consistent, and require less effort. All that can easily be achieved when you find and implement an accounting workflow management software that caters to your needs. Let’s discuss what it entails to implement these tools and what you should be looking for.
Identify Your Weak Points
Implementing a new workflow tool means you need to make a lot of adjustments to your workflow and all your processes. Before you can implement anything, it all starts with identifying your current weak points. At what stage does your workflow become tedious and time-consuming? What could be the cause of that? Target these areas and make sure your new tool addresses them and, if possible, eliminate them.
Revisit Your Business Goals
When you started your firm, one of the first things you probably established is the set of goals your business is trying to achieve. These goals could change over time. Since you’re aiming to use a new tool that could help you revolutionize your processes and the work you provide, try revisiting these goals and make sure whatever tool you’ll be using aligns with your objectives. It’s also possible that your goals may also need to be adjusted. Perhaps this is the time for you to aim higher and make bolder decisions for your firm.
Understand What Each Tool Offers
Every workflow software for accountants has its own set of features with various advantages and disadvantages. Since you already know what your objectives are and what you’re trying to improve, try to look for features on the software that could address all that. The following are specific areas for evaluating a potential workflow solution:
- Ease of Setup: Things to look for here are training materials, a good knowledge base, or even done-for-you setup options.
- Day-to-Day Management: Is this a tool you see yourself, your team, and all of your employees using every day for the foreseeable future?
- Features and Functionality: Most accounting workflow management software in the market today has a couple of demos or trial versions available for you to try and explore. Take advantage of this and see if it works perfectly for you and your employees.
- Customer Service: See how you get ahold of service reps. Chat, phone, email? How long does it take for them to respond? Having customer support at the ready is important in case you encounter any problems with this new software.
- Integrations: In your line of work, there will always be other tools you’ll be using to make your work even more efficient. Your new workflow tool should work with other software that you’ll be using.
Finding and implementing a new workflow tool is a big step for any firm. You’re basically upending every existing process that you currently have and attempt to fit a new tool in it. These considerations should help you decide what you need to look out for.
Firm360 gives you an intuitive platform that serves as the solution to disorganized filing, lost billing, and other accounting mishaps. We offer you a workflow software for accountants that can help you streamline your practice and help your team to get more work done in as little time as possible. Contact us today to learn more about Firm360s features!